When Leah Pruett’s Dodge Challenger Mopar Drag Pak debuted at the 2021 Amalie Oil NHRA Gatornationals in March, it featured all-new Bilstein double-adjustable coilovers specially developed for the Constant Aviation NHRA Factory Stock Showdown class. While much attention has been paid to the 1,500-plus-horsepower supercharged Hemi under the hood, the all-new car has some significant German technology designed to put that power to the ground.
The 2021 Drag Paks feature a new four-link geometry setup in the rear with longer control arms that increases the length of the rear swing arm, allowing better anti-squat control and increasing stability. The rear suspension also incorporates a wishbone upper link for lateral control (replacing a Panhard bar in prior models), and a larger-diameter anti-roll bar (250% stiffer than prior models). Exclusive, double-adjustable Drag Pak-specific tuned Bilstein coilovers support all four corners of the car. The new shocks are intended to improve weight transfer for launches, as well as soak up track bumps and undulations at high speeds down the quarter-mile. The shocks feature 10 settings (front and rear) for tuning of compression and rebound damping with color-coded knobs.
To ensure the highest levels of performance, Wesley Motorsports will provide NHRA drag racers with technical support and sales of Bilstein’s latest shock technology. That support begins with announcing a Contingency program for Factory Stock Showdown racers running Bilstein shocks/struts. Beginning with the Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals, June 24-27, 2021, Factory Stock winners will be eligible for payments of $1,000, and runner-ups may receive $500 for their race success.
Remaining 2021 Constant Aviation NHRA Factory Stock Showdown Schedule
• Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals, June 24-27, Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park, Norwalk, OH
• Dodge//SRT Mile-High NHRA Nationals Presented by Pennzoil, July 16-18, Bandimere Speedway, Denver, CO
• Menards NHRA Nationals Presented by PetArmor, Aug. 13-15, Heartland Motorsports Park, Topeka, KS
• Dodge//SRT NHRA U.S. Nationals, Sept. 1-5, Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN
• NHRA Midwest Nationals, Sept. 24-26, World Wide Technology Raceway, St. Louis, MO
• Dodge//SRT NHRA Nationals Presented by Pennzoil, Oct. 29-31, The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, NV