NHRA officials have announced revised participation guidelines for Summit Racing Equipment Jr Drag Racing League competitors attending the Western Jr. Conference Finals on June 22-26 at Tulsa Raceway Park and Eastern Jr. Conference Finals on July 12-18 at Bristol Dragway.
- All active licensed NHRA Jr Drag Racing League Members are eligible to participate
- Racers may participate in one or both conference finals events
TRACK TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP:
- Only NHRA Member Tracks from Divisions 1, 2 and 3 are eligible to submit TRACK TEAM rosters for the Eastern Conference Finals.
- Only NHRA Member Tracks from Divisions 4, 5, 6 and 7 are eligible to submit TRACK TEAM rosters for the Western Conference Finals.
- To be eligible for a TRACK TEAM roster, a competitor must have participated in a minimum of two Summit Jr Drag Racing League Series events at that member track since A) the completion of the 2019 Conference Finals events and B) prior to opening day of the 2020 Conference Finals event. Tracks found to be in violation of this requirement may lose all points earned for all track teams submitted and may be subject to additional penalties.
NON-TRACK TEAM ROSTER PARTICIPANTS:
While we always celebrate winning the Conference Finals events and representing your home track, attending the events is also about building friendships and relationships with fellow Summit Jr Drag Racing League families from all across the country, and in some cases around the world. While the COVID-19 pandemic has altered the racing schedules for many NHRA Member Tracks, we want all Summit Jr Drag Racing League members to have the full experience of attending the conference finals events and being a part of the team atmosphere.
- For 2020, Jr Drag Racing League licensed competitors will still be eligible to participate in the conference finals events without being on a Track Team Championship roster.
- Competitors that did not qualify to be on an NHRA Member Track team roster will not be eligible to win the TRACK TEAM championship and trophies related to the team championship.
- These competitors will be placed on a non-points earning team with team code “WP” for “Wally Parks” and encouraged to participate in all other team-related activities during the week.