Route 66 Raceway will partner with the NHRA, the Joliet Slammers, and the City of Joliet to host the first-ever “Burnout on the Bases” Softball game May 30 at 6 p.m. at Route 66 Stadium Joliet to kick off the Route 66 NHRA Nationals at Route 66 Raceway May 30-June 2.
Tickets are just $10 with $5 from each ticket sale benefitting the Will County Children’s Advocacy Center’s programs that provide hope, healing and justice for children who have endured physical and sexual abuse, exploitation, neglect and exposure to violence.
“Every day we see children who have endured terrible abuse, reclaim their childhood,” explains Will County Children’s Advocacy Center executive director Lisa Morel Las. “We are grateful for Route 66, the NHRA, Joliet Slammers, and the City of Joliet so that we can continue to provide our critical services that help child abuse victims heal and help law enforcement take dangerous child predators off of our streets.”
The Joliet Slammers will play host to the inaugural event where players, City of Joliet celebrities and NHRA drivers and FOX Sports personalities tear it up on the bases to celebrate the Route 66 NHRA Nationals.
Food and drinks will be served at Route 66 Stadium with gates opening at 6:00 p.m. An autograph signing and photo-op will take place following the game with the players and Will County CAC therapy dogs Jackson, Kiwi and Malley.
"The Slammers are very excited host Burnout on the Bases and help kickoff the Route 66 NHRA Nationals, “ said Nick Semaca, majority owner of the Joliet Slammers. “We invite all NHRA and Slammers fans out to join us for what will be a really fun night.”
The player line up is as follows:
• Bob O’Dekirk, Mayor of Joliet
• London Lindley, Joliet Slammers, Centerfield
• Ridge Hoopii-Haslam, Joliet Slammers, 2nd Base
• LJ Kalawaia, Joliet Slammers, Left Field
• Chaz Meadow, Joliet Slammers, Short Stop
• Jordan Vandergriff, NHRA Top Fuel driver
• Angie Smith, NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle rider
• Matt Smith, NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle rider
• Freddie Camarena, NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle rider
• Chris Clontz, NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle rider
• Martin Shanahan Jr., Interim City Manager for the City of Joliet
• Christopher P. Regis, Interim Corporate Council for the City of Joliet
• Alan Roechner, City of Joliet Police Chief
• Don “Duck” Dickinson, City of Joliet Councilman
• Nick Semaca, Majority owner of the Joliet Slammers
• Scott Slocum, WJOL Morning Show Host
• Roy Gregory, WCCQ Morning Show Host
• Duffy Blackburn, Will County CAC Board Member
• Jackie Lundquist, Will County CAC Forensic Interviewer
• Brian Lohnes, FOX Sports
• Tony Pedregon, FOX Sports
• Amanda Busick, FOX Sports
• Bruno Massel, FOX Sports
To purchase general-admission or reserved seats for the Route 66 NHRA Nationals, call 888-629-RACE (7223). Tickets also are available online at www.route66raceway.com.