2018 Official NHRA Sweepstakes Rules
2018 NHRA Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
DATES OF SWEEPSTAKES: The 2018 NHRA Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will begin at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 28, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on December 15, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal permanent U.S. residents residing in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are at least the age of majority in his/her state of residence (nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska, twenty-one (21) in Mississippi and eighteen (18) in all other states) at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Entrants who are selected as potential prize winners (each a “Prize Winner”) must have a unique, personal and valid social security number for Sponsor (defined below) to report the tax liability associated with acceptance of the respective prize (each a “Prize”). Valid social security numbers will be determined by Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) requirements as further defined in the “PRIZE CLAIMS” section of these Official Rules. Employees and non-employee workers (non-employee worker is defined as “a person who performs services for a company, but is not considered an employee of the company”) of the National Hot Rod Association (“NHRA” or “Sponsor”), and each of NHRA’s parent companies, divisions, affiliates, sponsors, contractors, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, retailers, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Sweepstakes including, but not limited to the National Sweepstakes Company, LLC (the “Independent Administrator”), and the entities supplying the prizes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of their immediate family members (spouse, partner, parents, legal guardians, children, and siblings, regardless of where they live) or persons living in same household of each of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, U.S. territories and possessions located outside of the United States and the District of Columbia, and where restricted or prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes:
- ONLINE: Visit www.nhra.com (the “Website”) during the Sweepstakes Period and click on the “Enter Now” button to be automatically directed to the online entry form (the “Online Form”). Then, when prompted, complete the Online Form in its entirety, including email address, telephone number, zip code and full name. Upon completing the Online Form and clicking the “Submit” button, Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. In order to obtain an entry into the Sweepstakes, Entrant must complete all required fields listed on the Online Form. Any Entrant who does not complete the Online Form in its entirety; or aborts this entry process before it is complete will not receive an entry into the Sweepstakes. All online entries must be submitted by 11:59PM ET on December 15, 2018.
- EVENT: Visit an NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series event and enter by completing an event entry form (the “Event Form”) via an event kiosk/tablet supplied by NHRA. Complete the Event Form in its entirety, including your email address, telephone number, zip code and full name. Submit the Event Form via the kiosk/tablet to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. In order to obtain an entry into the Sweepstakes, Entrant must complete all required fields listed on the Event Form. Any Entrant who does not complete the Event Form in its entirety will not receive an entry into the Sweepstakes. Visit http://www.nhra.com/schedule for the NHRA Drag Racing Series schedule.
Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of the method of entry used to enter the Sweepstakes.
Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries allowed by using multiple / different identities and/or any other methods will void that Entrant’s entry and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an Entrant the entry will be assigned to the authorized account holder (Authorized Account Holder”) of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The Authorized Account Holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by the email provider who is responsible for assigning email addresses.
- the event it is determined that an Entrant has provided an invalid email address at time of entry, the Entrant providing such invalid email address will not receive an entry into the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. Neither the Sponsor nor Sweepstakes Entities will verify receipt of entries for Entrants. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
WINNING/ODDS: On or about December 21, 2018, potential Prize Winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period in a random drawing conducted by the Independent Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions are based upon their sole discretion and interpretation of these Official Rules and are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning a Prize are dependent upon the total number of entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
GRAND PRIZE: One (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be awarded a 2018 Harley-Davidson® Sport Glidemotorcycle, having a Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (the “MSRP”) of approximately $18,599 (Color, Options and Accessories to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor) (“Grand Prize”).
- Prize Winner must have and provide a valid U.S. Driver’s License and provide proof of existing Motorcycle Insurance Coverage (Comprehensive or Liability) at time of delivery. Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for any applicable registration, license, title and insurance fees, all taxes (federal, state, local and/or income) and any expenses not listed herein related to the acceptance and use of the Grand Prize. Sponsor does not make, nor is Sponsor in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize, including but not limited to its quality, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; the only representation/warranty/guarantee that may be provided relative to the Grand Prize, if any, are those of the manufacturer and/or dealer. Grand Prize Winner must accept delivery of the motorcycle at a dealership to be determined by Sponsor within 30 days of notification that dealership has received vehicle. Grand Prize Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations including, but not limited to licensing and insurance requirements. Any difference between stated MSRP and actual value will not be awarded.
FIRST PRIZE: One (1) first prize winner (the “First Prize Winner”) will be awarded a Honda Generator EU2200i (the “First Prize”). Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the First Prize is $1,149.00.
- PRIZE: One (1) second prize winner (the “Second Prize Winner”) will be awarded one (1) certificate that is good for one (1) set of four (4) Goodyear tires from Goodyear® and has an ARV of $800 (the “Second Prize”). The certificate is good for one (1) set of four (4) Goodyear tires, with a value of up to $800 and is subject to all terms and conditions listed thereon. Mounting, balancing, valve stems and incidental shop or disposal charges and taxes (where applicable) are not included and are the sole responsibility of the Second Prize Winner.
THIRD PRIZE: One (1) third prize winner (the “Third Prize Winner”) will be awarded Papa John’s “Pizza for a Year” having an ARV of $780. The Third Prize will be awarded as a gift card.
FOUTH PRIZE: One (1) fourth prize winner (the “Fourth Prize Winner”) will be awarded one (1) online gift code that is valid for up to $500 in Mothers car care products purchased at mothersonlinestore.com.
Total value of all prizes to be awarded is $21,828.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit of one (1) Prize per person/household. Sponsor will determine all details of a Prize in their sole discretion. No Prize substitution or cash alternative offered, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize becomes unavailable due to reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor; provided no such substitute prize shall be from Sponsor without its prior written consent. Prizes are not transferable. Exact make and models of Prizes will be determined at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any taxes imposed on the income of a Prize Winner as a result of winning a Prize and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein as part of the Prize are solely the responsibility of the Prize Winner. No more than the number of Prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. Sponsor does not make, nor is Sponsor in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including but not limited to its quality, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition; the only representation/warranty/guarantee that may be provided relative to the Prize, if any, are those of the manufacturer and/or dealer.
All Prize Winners consent to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, likeness, biographical information, image, and/or voice and other indicia of persona for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission or approval (TN residents will not be required to sign a publicity release as a condition of winning a Prize).
PRIZE NOTIFICATION/PRIZE CLAIM: Potential Prize Winners will be notified by phone or email and must reply to the notification by the date indicated with the requested information indicated in the notification. In the event the potential Prize Winner fails to return the requested information by the date indicated in the notification, or if potential Prize Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Prize Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries. If the notification is returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate potential Prize Winner will be selected.
Except where prohibited, potential Prize Winners must sign and return within timeframe specified, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release Form, an IRS Form W-9, and NHRA’s then-current Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (collectively, the “Paperwork”) in order to claim the Prize. If potential Prize Winner fails to return the Paperwork by the date indicated, then that Prize Winner forfeits their right to the Prize (without compensation of any kind) and an alternate potential Prize Winner will be selected at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries received, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The value associated with a Prize may be taxable as income and the Prize Winner is solely responsible for any taxes, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of the respective Prize. The Sponsor must report the value of the Prize to the Internal Revenue Service in the year the Prize is received by the Prize Winner and will be reported to the Prize Winner and the Internal Revenue Service in the form of a Form 1099. In the event it is deemed during the verification process that potential Prize Winner does not have a unique, personal and valid social security number for Sponsor to report the tax liability associated with acceptance of the Prize, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate potential Prize Winner will be selected at random from among all remaining non-winning eligible entries received, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, time permitting. Valid social security numbers will be determined by IRS requirements.
Prize Winners must take possession of the Prize within one (1) year of completing the Paperwork, or within the timeframe specified for a Prize. If a Prize Winner does not take possession of the Prize within one (1) year or the timeframe indicated in each Prize description above, the Prize will be forfeited without any compensation afforded to the Prize Winner and the Prize will not be awarded.
GENERAL: By participating, Entrants agree for Entrant and for Entrant’s heirs, executors and administrators: [a] to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor and Independent Administrator which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to the Sweepstakes, including without limitation the interpretation of these Official Rules; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its franchisees, licensees, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional agencies and suppliers and any other individual or company (including the Independent Administrator) involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc., Honda, Goodyear Tire and Rubber, Papa John’s, MOTHERS® and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders and representatives, (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, illness, losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind including liability for personal injury or death that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of a Prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); and [c] to indemnify the Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize (if applicable). Failures to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries which contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate or are otherwise forged, defective, or made outside authorized channels, shall be void. Sponsor, its licensees, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional agencies and suppliers and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes (including the Independent Administrator) and their respective directors, officers, shareholders, agents, representatives, and employees are not responsible and shall not be liable for; [a] electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction; [b] unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; [c] technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions; [d] late, lost, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, or illegible entries; [e] limitations of any kind or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof (if applicable); or [f] any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a Prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrants, Sponsor, Prize Provider (defined below) or other Sweepstakes Entities. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not able to be conducted as planned, including, but not limited to reason of infection by computer virus, technical failures, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and randomly draw the Prize Winners from those eligible entries received up to the cancellation/suspension date. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR'S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THESE PROVISIONS. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor. All federal, state and local regulations apply.
WINNER’S LIST/RULE REQUEST: To receive a copy of the Prize Winner’s list, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size (#10) envelope postmarked by December 15, 2018 to: “2018 NHRA Sweepstakes”, P.O. Box 10505, Rochester, NY 14610. Please specify “Winner List.” You may also view the full Official Rules at the Website during the Sweepstakes Period.
INDEPENDENT ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is being administered by National Sweepstakes Company, LLC, 80 Rockwood Place, Ste 104, Rochester, NY 14610.
SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is being sponsored by the National Hot Rod Association, 2035 Financial Way, Glendora, CA 91741.
PRIZE PROVIDER: Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc., Honda, Goodyear Tire and Rubber, Papa John’s and MOTHERS® are prize providers only and are not responsible for the conduct or administration of this Sweepstakes in any way.
This Sweepstakes shall not be published without the written permission of the Sponsor.