NHRA race fans, it’s time to strap in and buckle up for the return of NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing. The roar of 11,000-horsepower drag racing engines is back, and so is your invitation to take in the spectacle of NHRA Drag Racing.
We’ve missed you and your passion and enthusiasm for our great sport, and now that we’re ready to burn rubber again, we can’t wait to see you. We’ve added new protocols — things like social distancing, health screenings, and sanitizing — but we’re all excited to welcome back our fans.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY *
- Everyone 2 years old or older must wear a mask or a cloth face covering at the event. Mask must cover both mouth and nose.
- Everyone must submit to a non-contact temperature check prior to entry.
- By entering, each person confirms that they are not currently experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms and have not been recently exposed to the virus. You may be asked related health questions.
- Everyone must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet (or 2 meters) between their party and others.
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please do not come to the event.
Overall Hygiene Strategies
- Temperature check before admittance – anyone over 100 degrees Fahrenheit will not be admitted or needs to leave.
- Masks/cloth face coverings required
- Social Distancing required
- Hand washing encouraged
- Hand sanitizing encouraged
Ample supplies of soap and water, paper towels, hand sanitizer, and cleaning supplies will be available and used on site. Additional cleaning will be done before, during, and after the event.
Electronic and cashless payments should be utilized as much as possible including:
- Use of online/in-advance credentials/tickets
- Use of Print-at-home or mobile entry tickets
- There will be a limit to the number of spectators allowed on site
- NHRA will use the PA system to communicate on-site and supplement with signage and other communications
- NHRA will provide signage or otherwise mark grandstands for social distancing and will have security/ushers to remind people of social distancing.
- Concessions will be marked for social distancing in lines
- Restrooms will have signage and markings for social distancing
Interaction between our fans and racers has always been one of the best and most unique aspects of NHRA Drag Racing. The pits at NHRA national events will be open to all fans, but in order to allow this, fans and racers must practice caution including but not limited to:
- Limiting face-to-face contact and staying as contactless as possible
- Maintaining social distancing at a minimum of 6 feet
No handshakes, fist bumps, hugs or other touching
- Racers using pre-signed hero cards
- Having hand sanitizer and wipes available
KEY INDIANA SPECTATOR RULES:
The State of Indiana requires each spectator, without exception, to complete a self-assessment COVID-19 screening before arrival to the track. Please read guidance below from the State of Indiana before you come to the track.
NOTE: Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, sore throat and/or new loss of taste or smell.
By entering the track, you affirm and agree as follows:
- I do not have any of the symptoms listed above right now.
- In the last 14 days:
- I have not been in close contact with anyone who has symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19;
- If I was in contact with anyone who has had symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19, I tested negative for COVID-19 and the test was taken more than five days after exposure;
- I have not tested positive for COVID-19; and/or
- I have not experienced any symptoms of COVID-19.
- I haven’t been advised by a doctor, healthcare provider, or any public health authority to stay home or otherwise avoid contact with others.
- If I begin to feel unwell or have any of the symptoms listed above while at the track, I will leave immediately.
The State of Indiana also wants you to know:
- Travel and attend only with those individuals with whom you have regular contact.
- You are required to stay home if you are sick, have a fever, or experience symptoms of COVID-19.
- You should stay home if you are over 65 or part of a population with vulnerabilities to COVID-19.
While you are at the event, please remember that you should:
- Practice good hygiene and regularly wash hands throughout the event.
- Practice social distancing (at least 6 feet) and minimize contact with others.
- Wear cloth face coverings at all times.
- Use card or no-touch transactions, when possible.
- In the grandstands, you should only sit near individuals with whom you have regular contact, and leave at least 6 feet between you and other parties.
An unavoidable risk of exposure to and contracting COVID-19 exists anywhere people are or have been present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness, disability, and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. Although the NHRA has instituted reasonable practices in an attempt to reduce the spread of COVID-19, NHRA cannot guarantee that you will not succumb to the virus. By attending our event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to COVID-19.
RESOURCES AND REFERENCES
Hand Washing & Hand Sanitizer
How to Protect Yourself and Others
Social Distancing Guidelines