The 2021 NHRA drag racing season is underway! We look forward to a full year of racing action in 2021 and are thrilled to welcome our loyal fanbase to join us at the track!
Because of COVID, our events, like NASCAR, the Super Bowl, and others, look different than before and may differ event to event. NHRA will continue to work closely with experts and state and local officials in conducting NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series events. We appreciate your devotion to the sport of drag racing and your willingness to adapt to our ever-changing world.
Below is an overview of Spectator Guidelines at Las Vegas Motor Speedway for the Dodge//SRT NHRA Nationals presented by Pennzoil in Las Vegas, NV, October 29-31, 2021.*
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY
- By entering, you confirm that you are well; that you are not experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms; that you have not been recently exposed to the virus; and that you are not supposed to be quarantining
- Facial coverings are not required in open-air areas, including grandstand/terrace seating areas
- In accordance with directives issued by state/local officials, all persons are required to wear facial coverings while indoors regardless of vaccination status unless they are actively eating and drinking
- Social distancing is encouraged
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please do not come to, or stay at, the event
Overall Hygiene Strategies
- Hand washing encouraged
- Hand sanitizing encouraged
- Ample supplies of soap and water, paper towels, hand sanitizer, and cleaning supplies will be available and used on site
- Additional cleaning will be done before, during, and after the event
Interaction between our fans and racers has always been one of the best and most unique aspects of NHRA Drag Racing. The pits at NHRA national events will be open to all fans, but in order to allow this, fans and racers must practice caution including but not limited to:
- Limiting face-to-face contact and staying as contactless as possible
- Maintaining social distancing at a minimum of 6 feet is recommended
- No handshakes, fist bumps, hugs or other touching
- Racers using pre-signed hero cards
- Having hand sanitizer and wipes available
An unavoidable risk of exposure to and contracting COVID-19 exists anywhere people are or have been present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness, disability, and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. Although the NHRA has instituted reasonable practices in an attempt to reduce the spread of COVID-19, NHRA cannot guarantee that you will not succumb to the virus. By attending our event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to COVID-19.
RESOURCES AND REFERENCES
How to Protect Yourself and Others
Social Distancing Guidelines