NHRA race fans, it’s time to strap in and buckle up for the return of NHRA Camping World Drag Racing. The roar of 11,000-horsepower drag racing engines is back, and so is your invitation to take in the spectacle of NHRA Drag Racing.
We’ve missed you and your passion and enthusiasm for our great sport, and now that we’re ready to burn rubber again, we can’t wait to see you. We’ve added new protocols — things like social distancing, face covering requirements, and sanitizing — but we’re all excited to welcome back our fans.
The State of Texas has set forth minimum recommended health protocols for all individuals engaging in, and sponsors putting on, outdoor motorsport events in Texas. Full details can be found here. Customized protocols for this event have been adopted by NHRA.
Below is an overview of Spectator Guidelines at Houston Raceway Park for the Mopar Express Lane NHRA SpringNationals, October 23-25,2020:
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY *
- Everyone 10 years old or older must wear a face covering over the nose and mouth, wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household
- Everyone must submit to a non-contact temperature check prior to entry.
- By entering each person confirms that they are not experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms and have not been recently exposed to the virus.
- Everyone must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet (or 2 meters) between their party and others.
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please do not come to the event.
Overall Hygiene Strategies
- Temperature check before admittance - anyone over 100 degrees Fahrenheit will not be admitted or needs to leave.
- Masks/cloth face coverings required
- Social Distancing required
- Hand washing encouraged
- Hand sanitizing encouraged
Ample supplies of soap and water, paper towels, hand sanitizer, and cleaning supplies will be available and used on site. Additional cleaning will be done before, during, and after the event.
Electronic and cashless payments should be utilized as much as possible including:
- Use of online/in-advance credentials/tickets
- Use of Print-at-home or mobile entry tickets
- There will be a limit to the number of spectators allowed on site according to State of Texas guidelines
- NHRA will use the PA system to communicate on-site and supplement with signage and other communications
- NHRA will provide signage or otherwise mark grandstands for social distancing and will have security/ushers to remind people of social distancing.
- Concessions will be marked for social distancing in lines
- Restrooms will have signage and markings for social distancing
Interaction between our fans and racers has always been one of the best and most unique aspects of NHRA Drag Racing. The pits at NHRA national events will be open to all fans, but in order to allow this, fans and racers must practice caution including but not limited to:
- Limiting face-to-face contact and staying as contactless as possible
- Maintaining social distancing at a minimum of 6 feet
No handshakes, fist bumps, hugs or other touching
- Racers using pre-signed hero cards
- Having hand sanitizer and wipes available
An unavoidable risk of exposure to and contracting COVID-19 exists anywhere people are or have been present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness, disability, and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. Although the NHRA has instituted reasonable practices in an attempt to reduce the spread of COVID-19, NHRA cannot guarantee that you will not succumb to the virus. By attending our event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to COVID-19.
RESOURCES AND REFERENCES
Hand Washing & Hand Sanitizer
How to Protect Yourself and Others
Social Distancing Guidelines