NHRA race fans, it’s time to strap in and buckle up for the return of NHRA Camping World Drag Racing. The roar of 11,000-horsepower drag racing engines is back, and so is your invitation to take in the spectacle of NHRA Drag Racing. We’ll continue following appropriate protocols for COVID and we’re excited to welcome back our fans.
The 2021 NHRA drag racing season is here! We look forward to a full year of racing action in 2021 and are thrilled to welcome our loyal fanbase to join us at the track!
Because of COVID, our events, like NASCAR, the Super Bowl, and others, look different than before. NHRA will continue to work closely with experts and state and local officials in conducting NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series events. We appreciate your devotion to the sport of drag racing and your willingness to adapt to our ever-changing world.
Below is an overview of Spectator Guidelines at Gainesville Raceway for the AMALIE Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals, March 11-14, 2021:
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY *
- Spectators are required to wear a face covering, over their nose and mouth, at all times
- By entering each person confirms that they are not experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms and have not been recently exposed to the virus.
- Everyone must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet (or 2 meters) between their party and others.
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please do not come to the event.
Overall Hygiene Strategies
- Masks/cloth face coverings required
- Social Distancing required
- Hand washing encouraged
- Hand sanitizing encouraged
- Ample supplies of soap and water, paper towels, hand sanitizer, and cleaning supplies will be available and used on site.
- Additional cleaning will be done before, during, and after the event.
- There will be a limit to the number of spectators allowed on site
- NHRA will use the PA system to communicate protocols and guidelines on-site and supplement with signage and other communications
- NHRA will have security/ushers to remind people of social distancing.
- Fans will be allowed to bring one soft-sided bag, no larger than 14" x 14" x 14"
- Congregating at the fence is prohibited in order to promote social distancing amongst fans.
Interaction between our fans and racers has always been one of the best and most unique aspects of NHRA Drag Racing. The pits at NHRA national events will be open to all fans, but in order to allow this, fans and racers must practice caution including but not limited to:
- Limiting face-to-face contact and staying as contactless as possible
- Maintaining social distancing at a minimum of 6 feet
No handshakes, fist bumps, hugs or other touching
- Racers using pre-signed hero cards
- Having hand sanitizer and wipes available
An unavoidable risk of exposure to and contracting COVID-19 exists anywhere people are or have been present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness, disability, and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. Although the NHRA has instituted reasonable practices in an attempt to reduce the spread of COVID-19, NHRA cannot guarantee that you will not succumb to the virus. By attending our event, you voluntarily assume all risks related to COVID-19.
RESOURCES AND REFERENCES
Hand Washing & Hand Sanitizer
How to Protect Yourself and Others
Social Distancing Guidelines